How it all started...

My wife had been saying, for a number of years that I should take up voice acting. And, while I admit that it sounded like fun, I was busy. I had a full-time job, a child, 2 dogs, and my other activities (taking care of the child, walking the dogs, and playing tennis).

As the years continued, I became a regular lector at church and frequently received compliments on my reading (they were probably just being nice, right?)

Until one night, my wife handed me a public school system adult education brochure, with a entry for a voice acting class (for only $35)...so, I said, what the heck.

The class was fun, in addition to the propaganda and rhetoric, we recorded a couple of commercials. So, I gladly filled out the form to get an evaluation of my performance, and get information about voice acting lessons.

The email came out the next morning, and it said..."Seriously, you are FANTASTIC! I didn't want to show favoritism in this class, but in my book, you've got everything that it takes to turn this into a very real and very lucrative part or full-time career. There is no doubt in my mind that with all that, you could make a huge profit while having a blast with voice over at the same time! Your voice quality draws in the listener wanting more! This is for you, and I strongly urge you to move forward and go for training/demo production. I hope that we can be the ones to get you there and to add you to our success stories"

Now, naturally, my scam filter was already on high, but I did a little research and company seemed legit. The training isn't cheap (but, do you really want cheap, or do you want good?)

I talked to the instructor the next morning, and a couple times over the next couple of days. And, while I had already made the decision (with the support of my wonderful wife), I decided to wait until we returned from our vacation to the UK to finalize anything...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly check-in - Coaching Session day

Signing the check...