Signing the check...

So,

Upon my return from the UK, I emailed my instructor that I was ready to go. She called, I handed over my credit card number, and now I am officially a voice-over trainee...

It took a couple of days to get me into the "system", assigned a coach, so the new coach and I agreed on Monday, July 17th (tomorrow) for my first lesson.

It's been killing me all weekend, but it was a busy week with visitors from our office in California last week. I did manage to spend some time doing some more research and getting my ducks in a row (including getting myself setup with a domain, email addresses, business cards, and oh yeah...a blog).

Turns out that my training includes what they refer to as "well-rounded" equipments (a Scarlett Solo Studio Pack), which includes audio interface, microphone, headphones, pop-filter, mike stand, etc... those will arrive later this week (although I'm dying to have them now)

I went ahead an purchased a music stand and led stand lights from amazon, and installed Twisted Wave on my iPad and Audacity on my Mac.

I also spent some time listening to Voice Acting podcasts and looking at www.acx.com (Amazon/Audible). I've identified a few books that I will be sending in audition recording for, assuming they are still there when I'm ready.

Can't wait until tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly check-in - Coaching Session day